” I do have a childlike enthusiasm at times. I certainly enjoy life and get pleasure sometimes in childish things”. Brian Baumgartner
While we may grow in age, the child we once were stays with us. Our trip to Singapore was a fairytale destination for me. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a princess who lived in a land far, far away. Universal Studios Singapore is a fairytale come true. A place where I can be a child again, run and be merry; dance and giggle like a little girl.
Once you enter the Universal Studio there is a big revolving globe where people would flock and doing their perfect picture smile. Say Cheese!
As my partner and I stood in line waiting to enter the park, I was like a little girl bubbling with excitement. I can’t wait. I look around and I saw people smiling no matter what age they are. Everybody is young at heart including me and my partner. I can’t control myself from grinning as I saw people eyes sparkling with amusement and wonder.
A View of Singapore Universal Studios:
Universal Studios Singapore is a theme park located within Resort World Sentosa on Sentosa Island. It has a 20 hectares in size, occupying the easternmost part of the 49-hectare Resorts World Sentosa. There are a total of 24 attraction, of which 18 are original or specially adapted for the park. The park consists of seven themed zones which surround a lagoon. Each zone based on blockbuster movie or television show, featuring their own unique attractions, character appearances, dining and shopping areas. ****source Wikipedia
- 10:00am to 7:00pm Sunday to Friday
- 10:00am to 8:00pm Saturday
- Adults (13-59 years) – S$74
- Children (4-12 years) – S$54
- Seniors (60 years and above) – S$36 All prices are in Singapore Dollars
Universal Express Pass Price: S$30, Universal Unlimited Pass; from S$50
Check the USS official website for more details
What To Wear: wear something comfortable like a cotton comfy top or t-shirts, short and pants. Wear flip-flop and sneakers.
Drinks lot of water. The weather is hot and humid that will cause you to sweat all day long. There are some water faucets located throughout Universal Studios where you can refill your water bottle. The water is safe for drinking so don’t worry about it.
AND THE FUN BEGINS!
As we enter the park surrounded by people taking their time to pose on every corner for a souvenirs photos, I stood there in awe of the façade I was seeing. Pouring with excitement my partner and I sat down on one of the benches and took a look at our map to decide where we will venture out and start our fun journey.
So here’s the highlights of our day:
- Hollywood is the main entrance of the park, lined with several restaurants, palm trees, dynamic architectures and the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. A replica of Hollywood Boulevard. You feel you landed in the center of the entertainment universe. Not so much attractions in the Hollywood. This serves as a walk-through area of people going in and out of the Universal Studios and a place for Despicable Minions running around the place and some other characters like Woody Woodpecker which are available to meet and have some pictures taken.
- New York themed after post-modern New York City that features sidewalks and classic landmarks that mimic its cityscape, facades and giant neon lit signage. The New York is a home for two major attractions: “Lights! Camera! Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg and the “Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase”. Here you can watch live performances all throughout the day.
Start spreading the news I am leaving today I want to be a part of it New York, New York. These vagabond shoes are longing to stray right through the very heart of it New York, New York. Finally, I am here in New York! the city that never sleeps! As we continue our walk along New York’s impressive streets, I heard people screaming, then my eyes pop up, I saw Cookie Monster hugging people while taking a post for a pic. Bubbling with excitement, I fall in line with the crowd to hug my favorite Sesame Street character COOKIE MONSTER! yum yum yum…
- Sci-Fi City The Sci-Fi city takes you through exciting futuristic experiences-a dynamic future metropolis that gives you a peek at how thrilling the future should feel with ultra-modern conveniences and entertainment.Themed after the hit television series Battlestar Galactica, these spectacular, intertwined roller coasters offer a truly exhilarating adventure as you twist, turn and drop. Riders on both coasters will experience unbelievable thrills as they race toward each other.
I was so thrilled as I stood there watching passengers screaming as they rose up in the air. We wanted to try the ride but the queue was long and I was a bit scared too, I am not really a fan of roller coaster ride so we just decided to continue our walk.
- Ancient Egypt based on the historical adaptation of Ancient Egypt during the 1930s Golden Age of Egyptian Exploration. The Ancient Egypt zone lets you venture into the land of pyramids where obelisks, Pharaoh’s tombs and pyramids rule the scenario. If you love Egyptian Mythology, this is the place to go. This place offers you the kind of atmosphere to expect when transported back in time. The centrepiece of Ancient Egypt is the “Revenge of the Mummy”.
- The Lost World has many traditions present in most Universal Studios park around the world and divided into sub areas: Jurassic Park and WaterWorld. The main highlight of The Lost World is the ” Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure” which is a water-based rapids escapade.
WaterWorld show takes place within 11am and 4pm only. So better check your time so you won’t miss the show. There were loud explosions that involved flashes of fire, sensations of heat from the fire, and splashes of water. People sitting up front when they leave the arena were drenched in water but it was great and entertaining!
- Far Far Away inspired by Dreamworks Animation’s hit Shrek franchise depicted the fairy-tale characters lived in daily life. The main attractions in this fairytale kingdom is the Far Far Away Castle.
Once upon a time in a land Far, Far, Away lived a beautiful princess. I am totally enchanted in this mystical land. Universal Studios Singapore is certainly family-friendly, those travelling with small children would love this place where they can meet and greet their favorite characters.
- Madagascar get ready to groove around at tropical forest settings with cast of Madagascar movie and meet weird and wonderful animals and exciting attractions.
Universal Studios Singapore a must place to visit, it offers a lot of excitement, fun and adventure for every one of all ages!