I love October and is my favorite month of the year because:
- It just happens to be my birth month.
- Is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I am a great supporter of this cause. I started this advocacy year 2012. I run to show love and support for women who are battling for cancer. Despite the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments, they mustered the courage and strength to run each day. They inspire me and are my source of motivation when I am having a mental breakdown running. I run for those who can not run and help to fight cancer.
- It’s Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photowalk. It is the World’s Largest Photowalk Event for a cause. The worldwide Photo Walk supports The Springs of Hope Kenya Orphanage, an organization that feeds, houses, educates and empowers young orphans so that they can grow up to not just survive but succeed. I love photography and I always look forward to this event every year to take part and joined my fellow enthusiasts in photography.
- It is the start of Masskara Festival here in the Philippines. The festival features a street dance competition where people from all walks of life troop to the streets to see colorful masked dancers to the rhythm of Latin musical beats.
- The stores started selling Xmas trees and decor. Some households already have their Christmas tree up. Weird right? but here in the Philippines Christmas has already been present in some parts of the island going back a month, to the middle or even start of September. Shops have already have decorations up, the indoor shopping malls adorned in various Christmas themes. The Philippines has the longest Christmas season of any nation or culture in the world and my favorite part if the sales and bazaars where I could shop till I drop. 🙂
- It’s Halloween Party! Going to a Halloween party and to dress up is fun. 🙂
What about you? Do you have something in mind why you love October? What are you looking forward to in October. It would be nice to hear something from you guys. 🙂