Good news to all Filipinos who would like to visit Australia, Philippines is now among the selected countries whose citizens can apply for an Australian visa online directly at the official website of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) of the Australian Government.
STEPS IN APPLYING FOR AUSTRALIAN TOURIST VISA ONLINE
1) Create an ImmiAccount
ImmiAccount is the DIBP’s online visa application system. You will need to have a valid email address to register an account. Please check throughly all your information as possible before submitting your application. Applications with missing information might take longer to finalize.
2) Start you application
Once you’ve created an ImmiAccount, you can log in and start a new application. For a tourist visa, choose Visitor > Visitor Visa (600). Filipinos are not eligible for other choice, the free eVisitor (651) visa
3) Attached your scanned documents (make sure you attach the correct file, you will not able to remove a file that been attached to an application after lodgement)
- Passport (biopage)
- Travel history ( immigration stamps in your passport and other visa/s).
- Latest bank statement for the last six months
- Evidence of employment ( employment certificate, employment contract, payslip, SSS contributions etc.) If employer of professional, attached business papers such as DTI/SEC, Mayor’s Permit, BIR and other related documents.
- Evidence of Assets ( Land Title, House and Lot Transfer Certificate of Title)
- NSO Birth Certificate ( if single)
- NSO Marriage Certificate ( if married)
- Previous Australian visa if you been to Australia before
For sponsor application attached the following documents:
- Letter of invitation from your sponsor
- Copy of his/her passport bio page
- Employment documents
Note: If you don’t have those documents at the moment, you may attach them later on, at least within the next 30 days. All provided data stored in your ImmiAccount. However, you can still proceed to pay and attach the documents after payment.
4) Submit your application and pay the fee . You can pay using debit/credit card in the window prompt provided. Visa Fee is 135AUD. Please double-check the fees and the conversation rate, as this can change anytime. After payment you will received an acknowledgement email confirming the successful submission of your visa application.
5) Lodge your application
6) Wait for you visa
Visa processing takes about ten days all the way to 30 days. Either granted or not, the Australian embassy will send an email notification about it. Any document submitted to the embassy will not be returned. If a visa is granted, they will issue a Visa Grant Notice. If denied, they will issue a letter explaining such.
You can upload maximum of 60 document per application. Incomplete documents will processed longer. Your case officer may ask for other documents as maybe needed.