” My home is in heaven. I’m just passing through this world.”
It was almost noon time when we arrived in GarinFarm, our journey to heaven. Garin Farm is a slice of heaven on earth. I’ve heard a lot of comments and read lots of reviews about this place, so that I wanted to see it with my own eyes.
GarinFarm is a 14 hectare inland resort located in the town of San Joaquin Iloilo. There are no buses in the town of San Joaquin. Buses passing daily in this area are those coming from and going to the province of Antique and of Iloilo. A number of tricycles operate within the municipality. The most common mode of transportation in the poblacion is trisikad ( The cycle rickshaw is a small-scale local means of transport; it is also known by a variety of other names such as bike, pedicabs, cyclo or trishaw).
GarinFarm is a perfect place for family, friends or people who love nature, outdoor activities and educational travel in matters like farming and agriculture. This is a great place to relax, retreat and meditate as well while bringing yourself closer to nature and to our almighty creator.
Upon entering the gates, you can smell the smells of the farm life. Along the way you can see ducks, chickens, goats, rabbits and water buffalos as you walk through the pavement of their hanging gardens. The uphill walk inside GarinFarm leading to the heart of the place where the pavilion is located was a bit tiring but fun. Walk, smile, and think of happy thoughts as we continue our journey to heaven. As we all know, entering the gate of heaven will not be easy. 🙂
After the long walk, your eyes will be in awe by the breathtaking view of the place. There is a wide swimming pool for adults and children and a large artificial lagoon for kayaking, fishing, horse-back riding, all terrain bikes, ziplines and a lot more.
One of the main attraction of the GarinFarm is their Pilgrimage site located at the heart of the farm. It has a huge stone façade leading to the 456 steps towards the Divine Mercy Cross. Going up to the Divine Mercy Cross would be a great way to lose some calories and fats. As I climb the steps my legs are a bit shaky but keep on telling myself go Tess go..You can do it. It was hot and the angry sun started to cause my skin to feel hot as if it was burning. I almost wanted to give up. But there’s no reason to give up. Our hardest time often lead to the greatest moments of our life. I should try to take the most of it. As we reached the top I was sweating but with a big smile on my face. Hurray! Finally we made it! I made it!
As you climb take time to stop and meditate on different scenes of Christ’s life.
Reaching the top was a very satisfying moment for us, as we finally reached the inspiring Divine Mercy Cross and seeing the big image of the Divine Mercy was a great relief.
From here you need to enter the meditation tunnel leading to the gate of heaven.
As we step inside the meditation tunnel you have this feeling of being drawn into darkness. It was total darkness. We can not hardly see each other, I need to grab the hand of my friend as she leads me towards the end of the tunnel until reaching a realm of radiant white light.
As the light appears and the tunnel takes you toward the light and into heaven. HEAVEN ON EARTH! The place is so bright that we could hardly open our eyes. I had to shield my eyes from it until my eyes adjusted to the brightness. The light filled me with rapture of love, peace and joy, it was so intense and so beautiful.
There are angels blowing their trumpets who stand beyond the gate of heaven as you can see the Throne of Light and Glory. The heaven is so beautiful, my heart felt very peaceful.
Our trip to GarinFarm was truly a memorable one. A beautiful, idyllic slice of HEAVEN!
From Iloilo International Airport:
- Take the Shuttle Bus going to SM City, Iloilo
- From SM City, Iloilo, take the SM Manduriao jeepney and take a stop at the nearby intersection under the overpass and ride the Oton bound jeep going to the jeepney terminal located in Mohon, Oton.
- In Mohon Oton Terminal, there will be several San Joaquin jeepneys ready to take you to GarinFarm for PHP60.00.
From Iloilo City Proper:
- Take the San Joaquin bound jeepney from Super terminal, Iloilo City.
- You can also take buses going to Anini-y or Dao Antique in Molo Terminal. Tell the bus driver conductor to drop you off in San Joaquin
From San Joaquin Town Proper:
- Take a tricycle ride and tell the driver to take you to GarinFarm, Brgy. Huna. Brgy. Huna is a 2-minute ride from San Joaquin town proper.
For Private Transportation:
- San Joaquin is the last town in the southern part of Iloilo
- Driving along Iloilo-Antique National Road would get you in San Joaquin in about an hour
- There will be signage and billboards directions along the highway going to GarinFarm to guide you.
TIPS IN VISITING GARIN FARM SAN JOAQUIN:
- Bring umbrellas, hats, sunblock, shades and other protection you can against the sun. However, I suggest better to go there as early as possible before noon time. Noon time would be so hot. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated while climbing the stairs going to the Divine Mercy Cross.
- Bring extra budget if you plan to try their leisure activities. The entrance fee is not consumable.
- Enjoy the scenery
- PHP150.00 per person excluding children 1-year-old
- Senior citizen discount; applicable to cardholders only. Strictly no outside food and drinks allowed.) Food and drinks available in the pavilion.
From the entrance you can walk going up to the pavilion and explore the agricultural products along the way ( just bring your umbrella). For those who can’t afford to walk under the heat of the sun, you can take a ride in the Golf Cart (3 pax/ride): Entrance to Pavilion is PHP60.00; Pavilion to Cross: PHP90.00.
ACTIVITIES AND AMENITIES:
- Executive Conference Room (15-20 pax): PHP2,500.00
- Hilltop Swimming Pool – PHP80.00
- Hilltop Horseback Riding – PHP60.00
- Biplane (300 meters -2 rounds): Sitting -PHP250.00 and Superman PHP350.00
- Hilltop Boating: (Single Kayak -PHP40.00; Double Kayak – PHP90.00; Pedal Boat-PHP90.00; Rubber Boat – PHP120.00)
- Hilltop Fishing: PHP30.00/kilo
- Billiard: PHP60.00/hour
- WiFi Access
- Laundry Service
- 24-Hour Security
- 24-Hour Electricity
- Hilltop Family Room: PHP3,500.00
- Hilltop Twin Room: PHP2,500.00
- Hilltop Single Room: PHP 1,500.00
***Extra Bed: PHP350.00 with breakfast; PHP250.00 without breakfast. Available for Family and Twin Rooms only and limited to 2 extra beds.
*** Check-in guests have complementary breakfast and a free use of the hilltop pool.
For inquiries and reservations please contact Garin Farm San Joaquin
- Telephone Number: + 63 033 314 75 55
- Mobile Number: + 63 916 667 6851
or visit their Facebook Page: Facebook.com/GarinFarmInlandResort